Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 32 September 2nd, 2010

I'm behind on my blog because we were admitted on Thursday to start the induction of our baby boy!!  This is a picture of me all hooked up to the monitors on Thursday night and waiting for them to start the cervidal.  I went in at 8:00 pm on Thursday and after all the admitting process they put the cervidal in about 11:00 pm.  I was dilated to 3 cm and 60% effaced when I went into the hospital and the cervidal did it's job and I started feeling intense contractions around 6:45 am the next day.  I slept pretty much through all the minor contractions that started a couple hours after the cervadil was in place.  I was dialated to 6 cm when they checked me in the morning and by 10:30 a.m. I was 10 cm dilated and ready to push.  Zander Michael Ray Ford arrived at 11:06 a.m. on Friday Septemeber 3rd, 2010.  He weighed 8lbs and 13 oz, and was 20.5 inches long!!  Labor was a bit intense because I didn't have an epidural (she was scared it would slow down the process and he wouldn't make it in time to see daddy), but looking back I'm kind of glad I had him nautrally!!  We couldn't be more happy to have him in this world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment